The highest standards of safety
In Mazda6 you’re well equipped to react to the unexpected, thanks to a cabin that aids focus on the road and responsive handling. Of course, the best in safety is also on your side.
It starts with the light, but extremely rigid body. A brace of SRS airbags is standard, as is Dynamic Stability Control (DSC). The disc brakes give you confidence-boosting stopping power. They also boast ABS and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), which optimises braking according to the load on board. Emergency Brake Assist (EBA) boosts stopping power the instant emergency braking is sensed. In the event you need to brake suddenly from speed, the Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) automatically flashes the hazard lights to warn following drivers.
To give you an even higher sense of confidence, all Mazda6 models come equipped with i-ACTIVSENSE safety technologies.
World-class safety comes standard
Every Mazda6 comes with the following safety features:
- Front SRS airbags (driver and passenger)
- Curtain SRS airbags (front and rear)
- Side SRS airbags (front)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Reverse camera
Smarter safety with i-ACTIVSENSE
These intelligent systems are designed to help you recognise potential hazards, avoid collisions and to minimise the severity of accidents when they can’t be avoided. Employing radar, camera and laser, i-ACTIVSENSE is like having extra senses working for you.
Every Mazda6 comes with the following i-ACTIVSENSE Safety features:
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear-view mirror with auto dimming function
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)
With Atenza you get the full suite, adding:
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)
- Drives Attention Alert (DAA)
- Forward Obstruction Warning (FOW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS)
- Smart Brake Support (SBS)