Safety through intuition
Innovative technology makes Mazda3 safer
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM). By scanning external mirrors’ blind spots, this innovation warns of unseen vehicles to help you avoid making hazardous lane changes.
Enhanced safety features are optional across the Mazda3 range and standard on SP25 Astina. Add the Safety Pack to enjoy the following added safety and advanced i-ACTIVSENSE technologies:
- Rear-view mirror with auto dimming function (standard on SP25 GT)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)
High Beam Control (HBC). Enjoy the enhanced safety of high beam illumination, without having to manually switch to low-beam.
Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) helps prevent low-speed impacts by monitoring the vehicle in front to assess the possibility of a collision.
New-generation design and materials achieve amazing lightness and rigidity. The underbody’s straight-frame construction runs uninterrupted through the framework to boost stiffness and save weight. Key joints are strengthened by advanced techniques that require no heavy reinforcement.
The employment of high and ultra-high tensile steel cuts weight, bolsters rigidity and aids safety. We’ve worked tirelessly to save every gram. Despite being light, Mazda3 disperses crash energy in multiple directions to achieve world-class collision performance.
Every Mazda3 gives you high levels of safety
The Mazda3 range includes impressive safety as standard:
- Airbags SRS: front (driver and passenger), side (front) and curtain (front and rear)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)